Tuesday, February 23, 2010

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO...15 mile(stone)

Just a quick update (the baby's crying!) on my 15 miler! I DID IT! wahoooo....yeah me. sorry to be bragadoshish, but this was HUGE for me. My first really long run, post-surgery. I was nervous. I was scared. I was doubtful. But, after putting all those thoughts on the back-burner and focusing on the task at hand (and getting a pep talk, or scolding, from my husband), I finised. I ran on the treadmill at GoFarWoman (what a beautiful facility...nice job, Mark!). I broke the run up into 5 mile races. It helped for my sanity. Each 5 miles i thought..."I can do five miles. Piece 'a cake." I will admit those last 3 miles weren't fun, but i kicked the speed up a bit, just a bit. anyway, yeah, it's done.

i would've blogged sooner, but i think even my fingers were tired and crampy. :)

ran 7 this morning, and felt ok, but pretty stiff from Sunday's run.

how're your runs going?

1 comment:

  1. Running 15 miles is huge no matter who is running it. Always difficult though always doable. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete