Friday, February 5, 2010

Hurts so....good? Holy crap!

5K pace for 5 miles. This was my task for this morning's run. I ran my tail end off at an 8.2 pace. This speed crap is going to kill me. Anyone else? I feel the toll on my body with adding the hills and speed.

Why am I doing this to myself? BECAUSE I CAN! I AM ALLOWED TO. I AM ABLE TO. I AM NOT FRAGILE. I WANT TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT I AM BACK. AND, I AM FIXED.

That said, I probably should go to bed at 8, tonight. :)

Keep truckin'. We can do this!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, you amaze me! Wow, I figured you'd run a marathon again some day, but I never would have guessed this year! I am so inspired by your never-give-up attitude.
    And what a coincidence, I've been training for the Fargo marathon too. I've been trying to decide whether I should just do the half-marathon (since I've never done anything like this before!), or if I should go for it!! I've been following a training schedule for the full marathon. I just did my 11-mile run this weekend. I'm starting to believe it might be possible... if my knees agree.

    Well, lots of luck to you. Maybe I'll have your back... a few miles back!

    I know you can do it!!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete