Saturday, February 20, 2010

tick tock tick tock...

OK. So, it's 9:15. I'm dressed to run the track. My water's ready. My pile of "must-haves" sits on the counter, waiting for me to grab them and go...but here I sit, blogging. :(

I told myself and Drew (last night, as we climbing into bed) that I wasn't going to set my alarm. That dang thing beeps at 5:15, every morning. I wasn't going to listen to it on Saturday, too. I needed to sleep in.

Sorry if you logged on for motiviation this morning. Not today. I am soooooooooo not looking forward to running 15 miles. Blah.

The bottom line: I'm feeling very unmotivated, yes, but more nervous about today's run. Another milestone run. My longest run, post-surgery. Shoot. My tummy is already doing flip flops, in anticipation of 15 miles. I meant to call my drs. this week, for further reassurance that all is well and that my brain is ready for this adventure. I didn't connect with them, and wish I had.

So, now I sit making excuses for why I've procrastinated and how I'm going to fit this long run into our family's schedule today, between birthday parties, errands and Drew's run.

FINE. I'm going at 10. "Just Do It," isn't that what they say? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post because it's exactly how a lot of us "runners" feel many days! I use the term runner loosely, because at my pace I probably qualify more as a jogger :)

    You'll find the motivation you need I'm sure, but thanks for not making this blog a list of posts about how easy it is for you, how you always love to run, fit it in every day and religiously follow your training schedule ;)

    We're all unmotivated sometimes. You'll pull through I have no doubt! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete