Saturday, February 20, 2010

allllll righty...tomorrow's another day, another run...

I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!! This is bascially a post for me to vent. No need for you to read. It's mostly jibberish, caused by complete frustration.

Went to Concordia track. Got nearly 5 miles into my run, feeling great, and was flagged off the track by a man who was closing the gym and locking up!!!!!!!!!! What??? On a Saturday morning at 11:30???? Are you kidding me.

He told me to take my run OUTSIDE. HELLO! Doesn't he know that Drew and the kids dropped me off here. I don't have a ride to get to another running destination. i don't have the clothes with me to bundle up and "take it outside," as I told to do. And, to say nothing of the energy and enthusiasm and giddy-up I had to muster to even get in a runniing mind-set today.

I finally tracked Drew for a ride. By then, of course, the baby was so tired and falling asleep in the backseat of the car, and Quinn had a birthday party to go to at Skateland. My only option was to go home, and finish my 15 mile run at home, on the treadmill...in our storage room. Alone. Eleven miles in the storage room surrounded with Christmas, Halloween, and Easter decorations and bins of kids' clothes. I dont' have that in me today. Somehow I managed to train for the Disney Goofy Race (half and full marathon) in that dang storage room, just last year. But, in my defense, my poor brain's been fried and messed with since then. Can't do it.

I made it three more miles (I needed to do 11), and jumped off in a huff.

TOMORROW I WILL DO MY 15 MILES, FOR REAL THIS TIME. I can't run 4.75 miles, wait 45 minutes then run another 11 or so, and call it a good, long run. I felt like I was cheating! So, I gave up.

LESSON LEARNED: GET UP EARLY AND JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment