Saturday, May 1, 2010

TWENTY-ONE FOR TWENTY-ONE

TWENTY-ONE MILES WITH ONLY TWENTY-ONE DAYS LEFT BEFORE RACE DAY!

GOOD RUN WITH GREAT FRIENDS!

KRISTI, TOM, JODI, KIM, LIZZIE, RYAN, CORY, NICOLE, AND EVEN NEW-GUY, JEFF, JUMPED IN FOR A FEW (S)MILES OF FUN!

GREAT RUN, DESPITE THE WIND GUSTS AND RAIN. I HAPPEN TO LOVE RUNNING IN RAIN, SO I DON'T NECESSARILY MIND BEING WET, BUT COULD DO WITHOUT THE WIND! SO IT GOES. TRAINING IN FARGO. FLAT, FRIENDLY, FAST AND WINDY.

"TO WIN, YOU'VE GOT TO STAY IN THE GAME..." CLAUDE BRISTOL.

WE'RE IN THIS NOW. THERE'S NO OFF-RAMP. STAY ON COURSE, AND EAT YOUR CARBS...

SEE YOU IN THE DOME.
KATHLEEN

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    Amazing job at training and balancing everything. You're an inspiration and you'll do terrific in the marathon. I'll be cheering you on.
    Cheers,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Steve! I wouldn't say it's been all fun (or I would, but I'd deserve to be beaten with a tennis shoe), but I am grateful. :) Now, it's time to pray for a nice, windless day and that we all feel strong and ready and healthy. Two things we have no control over. :) I'll need those cheers, so bring 'em on, Steve. Pretty please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,

    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I need them these days! The hamstring is feeling better, but hopefully it will be 100% by race day.

    Sounds like your long run last weekend went well! A lot of great friends make the time fly by, even if you are beating up your legs. I hope you well the days leading up to the marathon. I know you have it in you to reach your goal!!! What is your goal finish time?

    I read your article in Living Well magazine and I have one word...WOW!!! It was amazing to hear your story and that your goal isn't just to finish the marathon, but help raise funds for something close to your heart. I give you credit for helping others with the same struggles that you have had to deal with in your life. God Bless you!!!

    I look forward to meeting you marathon weekend. I see that you are speaking at the Dome on Friday. I will be there all day working at the Expo in the morning and then just hanging out until the Pasta feed. I will see you there!

    Only a few weeks left and then...the MARATHON!!!

    -James

    ReplyDelete